Monday, July 16, 2007

Back to civilisation

Well, i'm here in Wellington and it feels good to be back to a settlement with a population greater than 30,000. I had forgotton just how (comparatively) dead the rest of north island is until we drove into Wellington, and through surrounding towns. To give you an idea, the main highway that goes from Auckland to Wellington is single lane until about 30 minutes outside of Wellington, and this is a major road!
Wellington itself is not all that huge, I think i managed to walk across the main shopping area in about 30 minutes earlier, but it is certainly more bustling than anywhere else I have been so far, and much nicer than Auckland which is a bit of a dump.
Not sure what my plans are for tomorrow, hopefully will upload some pictures of Napier that I took this morning for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems like you re having a great time Lou, I have now read every word of your blog in case you are wondering!, but the prison sounds rough. In fact I thought you may have been arrested when I first noticed the picture of you wearing an England rugby shirt! Ho ho ho, what a crack. Anyway dude peace out and keep doing the cocaine you said you'd have a go on.

Regards + peaces Chris